2011/08/03

 

The life I envision... and where it will take me

I think I've let myself wander a bit.

It came up the other day that I just graduated college, and a few things that I had expected to have changed by now... haven't. Some of them are silly, at first thought, but some of them are a what I thought would have been deep- but are shallow. Some, are just me not making decisions and being responsible about who I am. Others are tangental to my goals in life but serious in their outcomes.

First off: Grow up.
There are a few things which have evidence behind them that you pretty much need to do. Some of them I have not, some of them I do quite regularly and even if people muse that I don't do these - I do, and it's kinda scary when they think I don't (but do) and make fun of me for it. It kinda eludes to me being someone they've envisioned to be (or goes to say that I care a little more than I though I would when these labels came up, and will put effort into them to not be associated with this label).

1. Wake up at a reasonable hour
2. Shower daily
3. Brush Teeth
4. Floss
5. Take care of you nails
6. Shave w/ gell
7. put in contacts / use glasses at night
8. wash face before going to bed
9. Use sheets. maybe have a bed
10. It's ok to be clean, you don't have to tell everyone you can be a dirtbag

Sustainability
I'm great at not doing this, and for better or worse I've taken advantage of some people for their generosity (I don't mean this in a malicious way), and I need to stop. Make your own damn money, always have a source of income, find a way to make money if you don't have it, and stop going in CC debt/not being able to repay your loans. Being 'grown up' has nothing to do with drinking and being dressed up- it has to do with making real choices and being able to be ok with your actions as a person- not some image you created.

Not going on adventures every weekend is ok. Finding a way to keep up with your bills GREAT! getting a buffer for life/rent would be a good thing for me, and knowing that I can always eat at home is a great benefit (same with drinking)

Health
You've only got one body, so use it wisely. You've only got limited time on this earth so use it effectively. I'm pretty good about the physical side of this (I run in the morning now, which was just something I decided I needed to do, and know that it's great for me) but there are some general items, like check ups and certain jokes about my toes which I'm a little over. I need to take care of them, I need to be a little cleaner. I need to put effort into what I have, not what I don't have.

I won't say that I'm completely a vegetarian, but I'm not buying meet to eat at home anymore, or eating meet specific foods like bacon , chicken wings, or lunch meat. I'm also looking for new recipes for life, as much as I say I can cook, I've gotten a reputation for eating anything, which again- not that alright with; don't have to be a climber bum I can decide who I am.

Knowledge
For some reason I always expected to know another language, be able to work internationally, and be sufficient on my own. I'm not, I want to be. I will be. But I have to act on it. I've been studying spanish for an hour a day. I probably need to do that the entire time I'm here (start reading in spanish too) It was too much of a given while at school - being surrounded by all kinds of new ideas

Getting out There
I've spent the past three days in the house. I don't like being in one place all day. I want to go out (even if it's going to coffee) I've know I work better by going from place to place maybe hourly (it's kinda like moving, you get less attached to items, and have to learn to close things that aren't important)

Take away's:
Be hygienic (welcome to 2nd grade)
Start planning ahead 6 months at a time
Daily Routine for the win, randomness is for the weekends (and you normally plan those anyway)
Know your self, and get out of your house/office (coffee shop to coffee shop?)
Get ride of some of your clutter
Refocus :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home