2011/07/26

 

The Great Big Wander

After the big party that was our arrival - Chile winning it's stage against Argentina, the dinner in Bellavista, meeting up with Clau and Maca, and that was all on the fist day- well... it just kinda continued. There wasn't thing that we needed to do other than find a house, start a business, meet half of the Chilean government and business community, so we did what anyone would do: found the party district, stayed up till 4am and drink as manny Terimottos (white wine with ice cream) as possible.

Santiago is one hell of a city.

Bars don't get started till about 1am, and there've been times when Emily's come back at 7am. There are over 6 million people in the city and 52 different providences (though only about 40 are in the city). We flew into one, have driven to another for a visit with the Newspaper (el Murcurio, pretty much the top news paper in Chile) for a photo shoot, and tour of the printing process. The others (where we've actaully spent time) are el Centro (where we now actually live), Providencia (across the street) and Los Condes (Uptown with more smogg, but that's the whole city). But yes, I'm getting ahead of myself.

.... Laura (who's last name I no longer know, due to her recent partnership with David [I love you guys, even if I don't know David that well, but anyone who Laura picks has to be worth something, I mean she doesn't put up with bullshit]) told me that if she was reading anything that I had ever written, and hadn't known it was me writing it- that it wouldn't make sense. She had to put my voice into it, that my way of communicating (or lack there of) doesn't come through very well with only typed letters.

Great, I'd love to have coffee with anyone who's reading this. (come see me in Chile, it's a bit cold, but I know you'd enjoy it)

So back to the point: I don't have one- this is for me just as much as it is for other people. I'm down here with the objective of starting a company which will help people in need through problems they don't fully understand, and I'm going to do that through people, through meetings and through random encounters. I've already run into a Stanford scholar, an archeologist, and about 1/2 a dozen other people who are living amazing lives; and it's been a storm of joy to be in their presence .

I could talk about the day to day, and probably will, but for now, know that the change I've been given by those around me make me only want to help them, see where I can place myself in their live so they can succeed, and who I can connect them with.

Damn it's going to be fun - and any program (like Start up Chile, Couch Surfing, Rugby, or Mountaineering clubs) with goals in mind, and an attitude to accomplish those goals is awesome in my book*

Love you world (and specifically those who I know, and hope to soon know)

-Sean

*I don't have a book, only this blog



Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
So... do you still have the infamous orange hat?

I stand by what I said. I pretty much have to read it aloud in my best Sean impersonation and then it makes perfect sense :) Can't wait to follow your adventures!

(still McDonald)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home