2008/09/10

 

Kigali

Arrived about an hour ago- Quite modern compared to Nairobi (or maybe it's just the lack of trash and the nicer malls being in town instead of on the outskirts)

looking for a place to stay- should be fun :p

After Kampala (spent a night there) I took a 12 hour bus to SW Uganda which is the same geography as the Congo and Rwanda but is cheaper! and still has gorillas (which I didn't see... $$$) but I hiked for two days, took a few motor cycles to the boarder and passed uneventfully into Rwanda, not sure how long I'll be there, a friend invited me to go on a run with her on Monday, but I need to find free lodging first- (Hotels aren't that common and are pricy)

I have tons of pictures (oh and I traveled in a dug out canoe in a Ugandan lake for 3 hours as a thunder storm was approaching- got to see some red monkeys and heard the chimps in the distance) - and am meeting all kinds of people. Will let you know what I have moved on an where too

Goal = Malawi for now everything in between is just on teh side (though I'm trying to avoid the Tanzanian $100 vias- it might not be possible even if I take the Lake Tanganyika route.... as apposed to the DRC.. yeah )

Comments:
NO DRC! NO DRC!!! Do NOT argue with me about that!!!
 
You are not thinking about the DRC are you. Post photos if you can and please be safe!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home