2008/07/09

 

Invincible

We are Youth,
We are strong, powerful, beautiful, and wise
Running screaming, shouting, pushing
Embracing what we love
Fighting with what we hate
We are Youth

Horribly curious
Unimaginably stupid
Perplexingly naive and all the better because of it
We know all, We know nothing
We know that we know all and nothing at the same time
We are confused

We will live forever
We will die in an instant
We will be reborn with the fist chuckle
And subside with a sob

We are youth
The immortal and the instant
The loved and the hated
The little and the big
We are youth


Twenty one years ago, two days, and a few hours; a couple of other people and I decided I should be. And I was. Now I am- So far I think being was the best decision I’ve collaboratively made.

Celebrating my existence on the other hand might not have been the best idea I’ve collaboratively made- and Thomas I don’t know how I ended up there, honest- but there were no hippos involved, so I wasn’t the worst thing to ever happen ☺

Since I’ve been, I think I’ve changed stuff, much like everybody else- which is both exciting and belittling- because I want to change more than them (and it takes away from the romantic individualism of being me!).
But if you haven’t noticed, and I have- especially when watching the Euro cup, when Germany stopped playing as a team- that when people work together they can do more than the individual [that whole 1+1 = 3 nini]
And Change is fun, it’s different, it’s wild- it’s also nice to share with others, to see what they want. To collaborate with people, see your vision changed into what a group sees, have it help people, inspire little children, or anger those into action.

Collaborative processes are just that- collaborative. Using words like “me,” and “I,” don’t work so well when trying to share a goal with some one else. I’ve also found that when you refer to your position instead of your attributes or pervious action it pisses the hell out of people. Arbitrary justification sucks, so don’t use them [Contradictions! dum dum dum].

I really want to change stuff. I say stuff, because it’s as ambiguous as I can get. And while I don’t mind fighting for that, I need to have a reason, or else I’m just fighting- which can be fun to, but I don’t quite think I’m James Dean. But I do have a cause, and when someone gets in the way of that cause it goes back to the over used idiom – if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.

Be part of the solution, please…




If this got tangential to you, and you don’t know what this is really about, take it for what it is, and look outside [like I just did] and I see… lots of trees, and some birds, and eww, a burning heap of trash – stupid trash, someone should do something about that, wait I’m someone! What can I do?

Pictures from my Nakuru adventure … soon?

Comments:
I love it when you wax philosophical. Collaboration rules. Love the poetry..is the unreferenced yours?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home